Call for Fundamental Research and Feasibility Studies
Call for short Feasibility Studies from the EPSRC NetworkPlus in Digitalised Surface Manufacturing
Call open: 26 January 2022
Deadline: 28 February 2022, 5 pm
The EPSRC NetworkPlus in Digitalised Surface Manufacturing invites 3rd round of Feasibility Studies Projects. Bids must conform to EPSRC priority areas in manufacturing. DSMN+ particularly welcome bids at the interface between surface engineering and digital manufacturing. Both computational and experimental based proposals are within the scope for this call.
• Please note that all expenses on the project must be incurred by the end of November 2022.
• Projects should not exceed a duration of 6 months with deliverables reported every 2 months.
• Project costings can be upto £35k in total based on a typical IAA cost model (no overheads or estates costs allowed).
Selection criteria will include- Novelty, value for money and ability to deliver on time. Bids which include additional industrial support will be welcome.
This funding cannot be used for the purchase of equipment or to support PhD studentships (top-up) in line with extant EPSRC funding rules.
Proposals are expected to address challenges at low Technology Readiness Levels (TRLs 1-3). Proposals should demonstrate the potential to have significant wider impact in the digital/surface manufacturing sectors.
The Network has a strong commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI). Priority will be given to those bids that leverage additional funds for the benefit of the Network and/or are led by ECRs and/or are led by under-represented groups in engineering.
The following criteria will be used by the review panel when assessing the proposals:
- Ability to deliver on time. Strict deadline applies. No extension beyond end of November 2022 possible.
- Proposals driven by novel science
- Potential for development of future funding applications
- Strong demonstration of impact
- Leveraging additional funding