- Several PhD oppurtunities, London South Bank University. Closing date: 15 July 2020 LINK
- Part-Time Research Associate for the ‘5GEM` Programme, Lancaster University. Closing date: 12 July 2020 LINK
- Business development manager, Computer scientist and Deep learning scientist, Intellegens. Closing date not mentioned. LINK
Phd opportunities at the London South Bank University
Application Deadline: 15 July 2020
Please clink on the button below for more details.
The School of Engineering at London South Bank University is an ambitious and progressive centre of research strength, ranked 25th nationally for research power in the last Research Excellence Framework. We have a fabulous central London location and are looking for talented potential students interested in research to work with our academic faculty in areas of strength. We are offering a number of funded PhD scholarships below. These studentships are available to UK nationals & EU citizen’s and overseas applicants*. Those in possession of their own funding (e.g. via a non-EU government scholarship) are also welcome to apply for a place of study.
PhD Scholarships available in the London Centre for Energy in the School of Engineering:
1) Modelling and simulation of the laser ablation process
2) Instrumented Nanoindentation for information rich electro-mechanical characterisation
3) The Rehbinder Effect across length scales
4) Finite element analysis and experiments on hybrid laser assisted machining processes
5) Highly Efficient Bifacial Organic Solar Cells
6) Thermally Activated Delayed Fluorescence (TADF) based Hyperflourescence OLEDs
Further details on each PhD project as well as application information are provided via the link but all PhD scholarships benefit from the following:
- Training in advanced engineering topics
- Mentoring from industry on the application and context of research
- Bespoke technical training
- Enterprise and innovation skills training
- Transferable skills development opportunities to increase employability
- 3-year studentships of ~£15,000 per annum living stipend (tax free)
- Payment of all tuition fees*
- A school supported consumables and travel budget to support additional specialist research training courses, access to specialist equipment and travel to international conferences, seminars and workshops
- Industry sponsored* cutting-edge research projects
- Wide choice of PhD projects ranging from applied to blue-sky research
- State-of-the-art research facilities in the centre of London
- Opportunities for overseas secondments to industrial partners and universities
- Excellent career prospects on completion of the PhD * for eligible students only
http://www.lsbu.ac.uk/research/centres-groups, please click on the link above to see the specific PhD posts available.
Closing date for applications: 15th of July 2020 PhD Start: 1st October 2020
Working collaboratively is our key to success
Many universities in the UK have expertise in coatings and surface engineering. The aim of the Network is to involve ALL universities and labs in the UK with interest in this field.